Re: LBC B&B's

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: LBC B&B's
From: Graham@irving.demon.co.uk (Graham Glen)
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 1994 01:22:29 GMT
On the subject of LBC B&B's....

There is a place in Northern France which offers something similar, B&B
accomodation in a Chateau with a variety of old cars that are available to
rent if you desire. I can't get the details right at this minute because
they are in the bedroom and I don't want to wake my wife, but if anyone is
interested I can dig the details out tomorrow. Certainly next time we're
driving down through France I intend to stop there for a night or two.

Now a plea for help if I may....

Snowdrop the Morris Minor has got a broken cranshaft pulley. I've got a
new pulley and a new timing chain & gaskets (after reading about the
damage a broken chain does, and then contemplating the fact the an A
series timing chain is only the same size as a bicycle chain I decided not
to take the risk). I've unbolted the starter dog (I was surprised by just
how easy that was), but now the remains of the pulley are refusing to
budge off of the cranshaft. There's nothing holding it on except a
woodruff key. I've tried a reasonable amount of heat with a hot air gun,
penetrating oil, tapping with a hammer, but it refuses to budge. It's
difficult to lever it off from behind as there is only the pressed steel
timing chain cover behind which bends easily (plus the oil seal which I
don't want to bugger up). I'm not sure whether I can get a pulley
extractor onto it, so I'm very open to suggestions right now.

Thanks people.

Graham