Re: Repair Nazis

To: Bwfox@aol.com
Subject: Re: Repair Nazis
From: Chip Old <feold@umd5.umd.edu>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 1994 00:10:06 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 8 Nov 1994 Bwfox@aol.com wrote:

> Anyone ever do any work on a Jaeger TR speedo?  The needle on mine will not
> return
> to zero at rest and moves sluggishly when it does move.  If I disconnect the
> cable, the
> needle falls back to zero fine.  I have removed the unit from the dash,
> opened it and
> looked about, all seems to work fine.  The ododmeter/trip meter both work OK.

Sounds like tightening the speedo cable causes the mechanism to bind,
which probably means the instrument is worn out.  Nisonger can probably
rebuild it for you, but as a temporary bandaid try loosening the cable
slightly.  Sometimes that prevents it from binding.

Chip Old              1948 M.G. TC  TC6710  NEMGTR #2271
Cub Hill, Maryland    1962 Triumph TR4  CT3154LO (daily transportation)
feold@umd5.umd.edu