Re: Repair Nazis

To: Bwfox@aol.com, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Repair Nazis
From: LESNYD@ccmail.monsanto.com
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 94 17:12:18 CST
Subject: Repair Nazis
Author:  Bwfox@aol.com
Date:    11/8/94  12:55 PM

>The thread on working on ones car in the driveway reminded me of a much worse
>case.
>
>This occured in some snooty Detroit suburb (Grosse Point?).  A long time
>resident of
>this neighborhood decided he needed/wanted a pick-up truck.  Went out, bought
>a new
>Ford/Chevy/Dodge and parked it in front of his house.  In ten minutes the
>"neighborhood
>association" were there telling him it was "illegal" for a resident to park
>any sort of
>commercial vehicle in their own yard.  If he wanted to keep it, he had to
>park it some
>where else, not even inside his garge was allowed!   A review of the
>documents he
>signed when buying the property verified this.

Ha! That's why I live on a farm (well, I did until last spring, and I'm going
back next spring...). I need lots of room to park my countless rusting hulks
of cars (oops, I mean "parts cars"). If someone's going to tell me what I can
do with the property I'm spending lots of money on, they can just keep it!
Give me skies, starry skies, and the open space above...

Larry