Re: 74 MGB - How much is too much?

To: Bob Smith <BSMITH@el2.kenteliv.kent.edu>
Subject: Re: 74 MGB - How much is too much?
From: Greg Meboe <meboe@wsuaix.csc.wsu.edu>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 1994 15:51:42 -31802 (PST)
Bob,
        As I'm sure you probably have guessed, it sounds like a carburettor
problem that is relatively simple, but chances are his favorite mechanic
thinks an HIF is some new stereo component.  Now is your chance to strike.
Do offer $1500, and walk away.   Come back next week and offer $2000 and
walk away if he doesn't take it.  Come back the next week and offer a
final $2250, and he'll probably take it.
        In any case, don't give him your number, he has to feel alone and
helpless.  You'll be waiting in the wings with your Colortune, and have
the thing purring in 5 min. when you get it home.
        Having just spent last Saturday looking for used cars in Spokane, I
have no sympathy for used car salesmen.

                Greg
                            Greg Meboe     meboe@wsuaix.csc.wsu.edu
                            Dept. of Mechanical and Materials Engineering
                            Washington State University,  Pullman, Wa.
                            '67 Spit-6   '74 TR-6