Re: Used engine

To: Jeff Donne <donne@ee.pitt.edu>
Subject: Re: Used engine
From: Greg Meboe <meboe@wsuaix.csc.wsu.edu>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 1994 16:22:14 -31802 (PST)
Jeff,
        I didn't exactly understand what the engine would cost you with a
core trade in, if you have one.  Regardless, $600 is a little steep.
Where I worked, the average MGB engine price was $350, and high was $450.
        Don't be dissuaded from buying a used engine however, they can be a
very good thing if you use a little care in picking one out, kind of
like a booger.
        The sales dude should certainly be willing to open up the pan for
you and maybe take off a few rod caps.  That will ensure that you're not
getting someone else's boogers.
        Happy picking!

                Greg
                            Greg Meboe     meboe@wsuaix.csc.wsu.edu
                            Dept. of Mechanical and Materials Engineering
                            Washington State University,  Pullman, Wa.
                            '67 Spit-6   '74 TR-6