TRs, gear oils, Regio

To: <British-Cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: TRs, gear oils, Regio
From: "POCHE@music.loyno.edu" <POCHE@MUSIC.LOYNO.EDU>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 94 00:07:27 CDT
SendMail TO(BritCars) Subj(TRs, gear oils, Regio) File(APR2994B.oma)
BlackTiger Mailer - Msg Created 04-29-1994 .. 23:46:00

I MOST HUMBLY STAND CORRECTED. I was wrong (anything can happen once!)
I posted to the list that my TR-3 used Hypoid 90w Gear oil in the trany
and in fact that IS what I have been using. I have since been notified
by a few people by private e-mail (thanks to them for not correcting
me on the list) that the correct oil is 30w motor oil.

Well I went home and looked it up and sure enough the original
shop manual says to use SHELL X100 30 or equiv. (30w oil).
It does state however that in warm weather use 50w oil.
I think over 70 degrees F you should use 50w.

Sorry for posting without checking my facts. Now I am sure that
all of you with TR's ran home and changed your tranny oil cause
I told you that it should be 90w. Sorry but you just have to
change it back.:-<

  Louis A. Poche'                 ! Loyola University
  Internet: POCHE@music.loyno.edu ! Department Of Communications
  CompuServe:   73007,1521        ! New Orleans, LA
  Amateur Radio: KD5XE

"Nothing is as real as reality!" Lee Hart

The above ranting is my own opinion  and is no way to be construed to be
in any way the sentiments, ideologies, or credos of my lovable employer!