MGB 45DCOE timing

To: british-cars@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: MGB 45DCOE timing
From: grahamh63@aol.com
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 94 01:24:10 EDT
With spring here I want to get my '67MGB out of storage and on the road. I'm
not really sure where the timing should be. Last summer I got it back on the
road after four years of storage after a trip moving from LA to NYC.  During
the trip a foriegn object got into the trani (don't ask). In the last few
hundred miles it popped up and removed 2nd and 3rd  and really messed up the
lay gear, but the mighty B limped back un aided. At the end of last summer I
had finished rebuilding the trani and made it to the New Hampshire  B
convention. It was running really rough.At the convention I got some advice
on rejetting the carb which really helped. Then I added an electronic
ignition which also seemed an improvement.  The engine is completely stock,
the carb is a Weber 45DCOE with 34mm chokes, 165 main jet, and a180 air
correction jet. I have a Crane electronic ignition and aPeco header. Any
suggestions on where the timing should be with this set up? Thanks for any
comments,

Graham