Re: Sunbeam brakes

To: <British-Cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Sunbeam brakes
From: "POCHE@music.loyno.edu" <POCHE@MUSIC.LOYNO.EDU>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 94 00:07:43 CDT
SendMail TO(BritCars) Subj(Re: Sunbeam brakes) File(APR2994C.oma)
BlackTiger Mailer - Msg Created 04-29-1994 .. 23:51:07

>A friend here suggested that the cup in the master cylinder may be
>allowing a slight bit of fluid to leak past.  Are there any tests I
>can try to determine whether the master is leaking vs the booster
>unit?  I am off to the barn this weekend to swork on it.
>
>Thanks again for any advice,
>
>Louis

If the cup is leaking you are loosing pressure but NOT
loosing fluid. What happens is the fluid just gets pushed
back into the reservoir. If you are NOT loosing fluid
then this is certainly the problem, Just rebuild the
master cylinder to fix it.
If however you are loosing fluid (have to replenish the
reservoir reqularly) then you have to find out where it is
going. If not into the booster then look at the backs of the
tyres, leaking wheel cylinders will show fluid as it is
slung off of the wheels.

  Louis A. Poche'                 ! Loyola University
  Internet: POCHE@music.loyno.edu ! Department Of Communications
  CompuServe:   73007,1521        ! New Orleans, LA
  Amateur Radio: KD5XE

"Nothing is as real as reality!" Lee Hart

The above ranting is my own opinion  and is no way to be construed to be
in any way the sentiments, ideologies, or credos of my lovable employer!