Re: MGB oil P sender

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB oil P sender
From: sanders@hydra.unm.edu
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 94 08:38 MDT
Hi
Before going out and spending $$$ for a new one (or a mechanical gauge setup)
you might consider trying to fix the one you have. When mine died several
years ago, the replacement costs were just as outrageous as they are today.
As a starving student with no alternative I carefully pried the housing open.
It wasn't pretty since all had to use was the wire wheel hammer and a rather
large screwdriver. However, I found that only a little buffing and bending of
the contacts were required. Globs of epoxy glue were applied to seal it back
up and it has worked well ever since. Since you are looking to replace it
anyway you might as well beat it up a bit.

John Sanders