Re: Hair pulling over head pulling

To: khazad!briton!bownes@uu2.psi.com, british-cars@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Hair pulling over head pulling
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 93 12:32:43 -0800
In message <9312131657.AA00309@belegost.aule-tek> Robert M. Bownes III writes:
> ->I have removed everything necessary to remove the head from my GT6. But it
> ->won't budge.
> ->
>       Check again.

I would go over EVERY inch of the head, esp. twards the back or front and look
for one more bolt that you might of missed.  If you have any deep grease
buildup, poke around to see if its hiding a bolt head.  Every time I have had a
head that I can not pry loose, there has been a missed bolt.  I would be REAL
sure before applying brute force iffin I were you.

TeriAnn " Think & look twice before you force.. Then if you know your right use
overwelming force applied gradually... unless its a rotating part then apply it
all before it knows to rotate"

TeriAnn Wakeman             One of these days, I'll be old enough that
twakeman@apple.com          people will stop calling me crazy and start
LINK: TWAKEMAN              calling me eccentric.
408-974-2344        TR3A - TS75519L, MGBGT - GHD4U149572G, 109 - 164000561

From  rwg1@cornell.edu Tue Sep 11 11:59:38 2001