Re: Doesn't anybody care about their life? (re: seatbelts for spit)

To: dubs_cif@uhura.cc.rochester.edu
Subject: Re: Doesn't anybody care about their life? (re: seatbelts for spit)
From: tooze@vinny.cecer.army.mil (Marcus Tooze)
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 93 14:29:30 CST
> From dubs_cif@uhura.cc.rochester.edu Mon Dec 13 14:21:13 1993
> From: Jeremy DuBois <dubs_cif@uhura.cc.rochester.edu>
> Subject: Doesn't anybody care about their life? (re: seatbelts for spit)
> To: british-cars@autox.team.net (brits)
> Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1993 15:18:57 -0500 (EST)
>

>   I got very little response on my query for Spitfire seatbelts.  According
> to the 93 survey, there are at least 16 spitfire people on this list.  Does
> no body care about their life? The youngest spitfire anybody could possibly
> own is 13 year old. I'd think anybody in their right mind would replace any
> car's seatbelts after 13 years.
>   Nobody sells the seatbelts, and nobody seems to want to buy the seatbelts,
> is everybody CRAZY? Am I going crazy?  Of all the parts in a car, I'd think
> seatbelts would be easy to find.
>   Please tell me I've missed something...
>

>                               A Slightly frazzled,
>
>                                               Jeremy DuBois
>                                               CIF Associate Member
>                                               University of Rochester, NY

Well, I am a Spit owner, but lets say its in a *slightly* less than
driveable condition at the moment to say the least!

May I suggest you find another source and don't look for'stock/original'.
I remember the seatbelts in the pile junk called 'my car' and they look
pretty much exactly the same as my Midget one...whiich need replacing,
hence the thought of pirating them from the Spit. If immediate safety is
your concern...go with an inertial reel set out of JC Whitney about $90 I
think...then take it easy while looking for original types. VB/Moss etc
flog replacement inertial reels and belts for Midgets....if they look the same
use 'em on the Spit!!

Marcus