Re:Hair pulling over my head pulling

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:Hair pulling over my head pulling
From: Bob Tufts <rbt@itc.Kodak.COM>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1993 10:18:47 -0500
Larry,

This may sound silly, but are you absolutely sure you've removed every
head bolt? More than a few times I've been bit by some bolt that's hidden
and not in line with other bolts, albeit it hasn't happened to me with
an engine head yet. Not being familiar with your car, I don't know if
this is obviously out of the question (i.e.; straight rows of bolts).
The old "crank the engine over without bolts" usually does the trick.
I think someone in this group once mentioned stuffing rope into the spark
plug holes as an alternative (won't put a "
ding" into the piston) and crank the engine over slowly with a wrench
on the crank bolt. Don't know.

Good luck,

-Bob T.