pressure washers

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: pressure washers
From: "Chris Kent Kantarjiev" <cak@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1993 15:18:02 PST
I just bought one of the K\"archer 1250 PSI units, nationally
advertised at about $450 (I paid $290 at Price Club). You hook it up to
a garden hose and power, stick a siphon tube into a tub of Simple Green, and
go.

It works quite nicely, and delivers the goods much better than the kind
that attaches to a compressor. Of course, it costs a lot more. It
doesn't do steam, but you can run hot water into the hose (up to 140
degrees F) which seems to help...

Be careful when using these things - don't get skin into the stream. My
hand is still healing from very slight contact two weeks ago; the wound
looked pretty much like a second degree burn.