Spit seatbelts and Jenson-Healeys..

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Spit seatbelts and Jenson-Healeys..
From: Jeremy DuBois <dubs_cif@uhura.cc.rochester.edu>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1993 18:32:09 -0500 (EST)
  No, I don't see any connection between Spit seatbelts and Jenson-Healeys,
just two subjects, and one message.  But if anybody DOES know a connection,
I'd love to hear it :-)

  Does anybody know where I can get myself replacement seatbelts for my 76
Spitfire?  None of the big places around (VB, TRF, Moss, etc) seem to have
the original inertia reel belts.  I found a Rimmer Brother's ad for them,
but I'd rather not have to deal with the nonsense of shipping them from
England if it can be avoided.
  I talked to somebody who suggested that the seatbelts that have a recall
on them from TR7's and MGB's are similar enough that I could try sending a
letter to that guy in North Carolina or wherever he was and lie about my
owning one of these other cars, but I'm more honest than that.  But, just
out of curiousity, does anybody know which TR7's had the recall?

  On to my second topic.  While idly wondering around a body shop in
Northern Mass a few weeks ago, I found a Jenson-Healey sitting there,
rusting away.  It peeked my curiousity, so I looked it up in "A to Z of
sports cars"  And basically learned that the Healey part is Donald Healey, which
I figured, they weren't great cars, are noted for unreliability (Boy, what a
shock to find of a british car ;-), and there were only about 8000 made.  I
thought it was sufficiently interesting that I thought I'd ask what people
here know about the car.  Does anybody here own one? What are they like? How
much do they go for these days? Any other pearls of wisdom would be
welcomed.

                  Thanks in advance,

                                                Jeremy DuBois
                                                CIF Associate Member