Re: pressure washers

To: cak@parc.xerox.com (Chris Kent Kantarjiev)
Subject: Re: pressure washers
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 93 15:43:35 PST

> I just bought one of the K\"archer 1250 PSI units, nationally
> advertised at about $450 (I paid $290 at Price Club). You hook it up to
> a garden hose and power, stick a siphon tube into a tub of Simple Green, and
>go.
>
> It works quite nicely, and delivers the goods much better than the kind
> that attaches to a compressor. Of course, it costs a lot more. It
> doesn't do steam, but you can run hot water into the hose (up to 140
> degrees F) which seems to help...

I've  been wondering about these washers since they came on the
market a few years back.  I rented a gas powered high pressure washer
from a rental place 10-12 years ago to wash down my house prior
to painting it and thought what a neato gadget.  Of course, one
of those washers would be way too expensive, but the new smaller,
more portable jobbers are starting to get more reasonable.  $290
is still a bit pricey but I'm keepin' watch!