RE: Stripping with heat guns

To: jody.p.levine@hydro.on.ca@ohmg.hydro.on.ca <@ohmg.hydro.on.ca:jody.p.levine@hydro.on.ca>,
Subject: RE: Stripping with heat guns
From: DANIELS@LMSBVX.TAMU.EDU (Lee Daniels, Texas A&M University)
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1993 10:08:01 -0600 (CST)
My 2 pence on stripping undercoating with a heat gun:

A great tool for the job; the only caveat being that I have to be careful
where the air flow points, because the gun is so hot that sometimes the
undercoating actually liquefies and droplets of molten tar go flying. I
keep the floor covered, but the bits of hot tar that land on *me* are not
appreciated.  I'm using a Wagner (i.e. cheap-o) paint-stripper gun; I
think it was about $25 at Sears.

=======Additional non-brit car question:
How does air get into brake lines if there are no obvious fluid leaks?  I
can bleed air out of the rear cylinders on my Mazda 323, but after a day or
so they're spongy again.  The fronts are fine and the fluid level doesn't
seem to change.  Thoughts?
=======

Lee M. Daniels              Laboratory for Molecular Structure and Bonding
daniels@lmsbvx.tamu.edu     Texas A&M University      (409) 845-3726