Calipers and suspension bushings

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Calipers and suspension bushings
From: William Hartwell Woodruff <woodruff@engin.umich.edu>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 93 13:06:21 -0400

        A few questions for the list.  I have some very, very stuck bleader
screws
in my GT6 calipers.  Aside from heat, easy outs, and left hand drill bits, does
anybody have any suggestions about getting those $%^&* things out?

        What is the purpose of honing cylinders?  As I understand it, its to
roughen up the glazed surface so the new seals can wear in.  If this is the
case,
could I use a bead blaster and blast at low pressure (say 20 psi) until the
surface is dulled?

        When you are inserting rubber bushings into suspension components, what
do you use to lubricate them?  Otherwise, is there a trick to slide them in w/o
using lubricant?  I'm guessing some sort of silicone spray, any specific brands?

thanks...

woodruff@caen.engin.umich.edu