Re: Calipers and suspension bushings

To: William Hartwell Woodruff <engin.umich.edu!woodruff@uunet.pa.dec.com>
Subject: Re: Calipers and suspension bushings
From: martine@informix.com
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 93 13:02:13 PDT

>       A few questions for the list.  I have some very, very stuck bleader
screws
> in my GT6 calipers.  Aside from heat, easy outs, and left hand drill bits,
does
> anybody have any suggestions about getting those $%^&* things out?
>
> woodruff@caen.engin.umich.edu

I had the same problem with my GT6+.  I soaked the bleed nipple a couple
times a day for a week with WD40.  After that I just used a wrench and
light tap from a dead-weight hammer.  Whatever you do, don't just pull
on the wrench with a steady pressure.  You need a sharp impulse to knock
it free before it strips.

Later,
  Martine