Re: LBC transport

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: LBC transport
From: Dean_Zywicki%NIHDCRT.BITNET@CU.NIH.GOV
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 93 12:28:59 EDT
|Date: 6-23-93  12:24am
|From: Dean Zywicki:dcrt:nih
|  To: {british-cars@autox.team.net}:BITNET
|Subj: Re: LBC transport
    I transported a midget from South Carolina to Maryland in the back
of a Ryder truck.  I didn't tell them I was going to put a car in it
though.  The easiest way I found to get the car in the truck, (not
taking 10 people and lifting it on) was to back the truck into a shallow
ditch and then use regular old auto ramps (about 3 feet long and 1 foot
high).  The midget fit in with plenty of room to spare on the sides for
furniture, etc.  The driving was entirely on the highway, and the car
didn't bounce around at all.
    The trickiest part is finding the right ditch.

 Later,
   Dean