Re: insurance for "classic"

To: islabs!sequent!autox.team.net!british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Re: insurance for "classic"
From: islabs!ateq!rkg@sequent.com (Richard George x 7247)
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 93 08:14:27 PDT
Tim,

If you want to drive your car any more than to or from some auto related event,
you might want to read the fine print on the "classic car" policy very
carefully - the wording usually scares the hell out of me (It would seem
sufficiently vague to allow them to weasel out of paying in a lot of cases...).

Until you get all that sorted out, you might want to consider approaching
your current insurance carrier and see about getting the car covered for
comprehensive only, and just have them fully insure it whenever you want to
drive it (my firm will let me insure the beasties for 1 day or a weekend, or
whatever...) - I kinda like it because that means I can use them pretty much
whenever I want to without worry...

Also, if you have any assets of value, remember to get enough liability coverage
to cover you - in my state (Oregon), the average litigated auto related
settlement is several times what state law specifies as the minimum amount
of liability coverage a motorist is supposed to have...

rkg

(Richard George)