Re: EZ-bleed

To: rbt@itc.Kodak.COM
Subject: Re: EZ-bleed
From: phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 93 10:15:09 CDT
Bob Tufts writes >

>I bought a vacuum bleeder last year (can't remember if it's an "EZ-bleed")

It's not.  EZ-bleed is a PRESSURE bleeder.

>leakage around the threads of my bleeder screws.

Right.  That's why vacuum bleeders really suck.  Er, I mean, that's why
vacuum bleeders are not as good as pressure bleeders.

>it would be better if I had a
>pressure bleeder attached to the master cylinder.

Yup.  I used to say that it was worth it buying an EZ-bleed instead of cooking
it yourself, but if the price is up to $50 now, I'm not sure.  I am glad I got
mine instead of kludging my own, but it might be worth the running around now.

Phil Ethier, THE RIGHT LINE, 672 Orleans Street, Saint Paul, MN   55107-2676
h (612) 224-3105  w (612) 298-5324     phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov             USA
"The workingman's GT-40" - Anthony Colin Bruce Chapman