Re: Aston Martin DB7

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Aston Martin DB7
From: grif@win.icl.co.uk (Phil Griffiths)
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 93 15:35:56 BST
My reaction on first hearing about this car on BBC2's Top Gear programme
was - I want one, now who'll give me the 80,000 Pounds I need!  Oh well,
in 8-10 years they should have deprecated enough so that I will be able to
afford one, that is if I haven't spent all my money on one of the new XJ12s
Double sixes, I want one of them to!

Looking in other places, but I can't remember where, the new Aston DB7 is
going to use what is essentially the Jaguar AJ6 straight (line) 6 engine,
with some kind of supercharger (I am not totally sure about this bit though,
also if it is supercharged whether this is a turbo or not).  Also the
car is not going to be built at Newport Pagnel, but at TWR's shop in Oxford
(I think), as soon as they have finished building the Jaguar XJ220!

Phil.

From  rwg1@postoffice.mail.cornell.edu Tue Sep 11 11:39:53 2001