Re: Long trips

To: akgua!att!att!ml.csiro.au!tim.lamb (Tim Lamb), british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Long trips
From: tdm@akguc.att.com
Date: Mon, 24 May 93 09:04 EDT
     I always like to have a short (2-3 ft) length of bailing wire and
wire cutters.  It doesn't take up much room and I can do a lot with
some wire in fixing things.  'Seems like we discussed this on the net
some time ago but I failed to copy it.  I'm going to have to come up
with a tool/parts kit to carry around in my MGA.  Wasn't there a list
of the minimum tools & parts on the list a while back.  I guess a start
would be:
        flat and phillips screwdriver
        pliers
        socket set
        adjustable wrench (Whitworth on the carbs)
        small ballpene hammer
        black tape
        wire/cutters

        points
        plugs
        flashlight
(Note: pre-set gap on plugs)
        That compressed air/sealer in a can for flats
        fuses

Have I left out anything?  This is the minimum for around town.  For
long trips, I'd add more such as fuel pump, carb float, maybe a water pump.
Good luck..
Don Mathis