Re: MGB Radiator Overflow

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, mike@wv.MENTORG.COM
Subject: Re: MGB Radiator Overflow
From: Teriann J. Wakeman <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Mon, 17 May 93 14:24:14 -0700
Mike, I had the same problem.  First, make sure your cooling system is in
good order (not leaking, flushed with open cores, no head gasket leak).
I used a bottle and holder from a Triumph GT6.  Works fine.  The overflow is
collected and later gets sucked back into the radiator.  I still have a 165
degree thermostat.  Even though the heater becomes almost useless, the  car
seems to go into thermal runaway above a certain temperature.  Running with a
lower base temp gives me more headroom (the joys of analogue devices).

TeriAnn