Midget cooler

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Midget cooler
From: gerry@hostel.lincroftnj.NCR.COM
Date: Thu, 13 May 93 08:49:00 EDT
Dean Zywicki writes
Subj: midget adventures

> A while ago, I had ordered an oil
> cooler setup for my 1500 midget.  I ordered the TRF kit for the spitfire
> 1500 figuring they would be the same.  The hoses were way too short.

> So I went home to install the oil cooler.  It was a little cramped, but
> I finally worked out a decent mounting solution.  I took a 14" piece of
> 2 X 4 and wedged it into the valence in front of the radiator.  It fits
> perfectly.

I think you may have the wrong oil cooler. I installed an cooler on my 1500
Midget about a year ago, and I was surprised to find that the mounting holes
were already drilled and tapped in the body.

I assume that you installed the cooler in front of the radiator and behind
the grill. If you did than you should find that all the holes are there and
line up with the cooler mounting brackets.  I routed the oil lines through
the 3" (?) hole which is used as the air intake for the heater.

Gerry