Water Pump Woes

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Water Pump Woes
From: paisley@cme.nist.gov (Scotty Paisley)
Date: Wed, 12 May 93 09:06:20 EDT
Larry E. wrote something about:

28 steps (and 47,000 nuts & bolts) to replace a waterpump on a Modern
day car versus 5 steps (and 3 nuts) to replace a waterpump on a LBC.

Larry, you forgot that you have to loosen the belt by untightening the
alternator.  (2 more bolts) :-) But about a year ago, I had a
waterpump fail on my TR6 in New Jersey.  (I live in Maryland) This was
not so bad because I was on my way to the Moss show.  Anyway, I told
the folks I was with (Dean's Dad to be exact) that I wanted to remove
the pump before we continued to be sure I bought the correct part.
>From the look on his face, I believe he thought this was going to be a
28 step process.  15 minutes later I said, "Let's go!" with the pump
in my hand.  He was a bit surprised, but was glad we were able to get
on our way so soon.  Moss had one pump left in stock.  Ahhhh those
were the good old days when the luck ran fat.

Two days till Carlise and I can pick up my OverDrive...  Anyone want
to meet?  I'm planning on seeing George Haynes from the list there on
friday.

-Scotty