Water Pump Woes

To: b-c@tin.monsanto.com
Subject: Water Pump Woes
From: lesnyd@bb1t.monsanto.com (Larry E. Snyder lesnyd@monsanto.com 314-694-3626)
Date: Tue, 11 May 93 16:52:02 -0500
While we often complain about sworking on our LBCs, after a weekend of
replacing the water pump on our Plymouth Voyager, I will gripe no more (at
least for a while).

I have replaced the water pump on my TR250 and GT6+ fairly recently, so I drew
up this little chart comparing the task with the Mitsubishi 2.2 engine in the
Voyager versus the Triumph Six engine. The number in parentheses is the
cumulative number of nuts and bolts that had to be removed (and, obviously,
replaced).

Mitsubishi 2.2                                  Triumph Six
Open Hood                                       Open Hood
Remove A/C Fan (2)
Remove A/C Idler Pulley (4)
Remove A/C Compressor (8)
Remove A/C Compressor Bracket (15)
Remove Alternator (18)
Remove Timing Cover bolt (19)
Remove Bracket Bolted to Pump (21)
Remove Water Pump Mounting Studs (25)
Remove Hose From Water Pump (26)
Remove Water Pump From Car
Remove Alternator bracket from pump (27)
Remove Impeller Assembly (37)                   Remove Impeller Asembly (3)
Replace Impeller w/ New Gasket                  Replace Impeller w/ New Gasket
Replace Alternator bracket on pump
Replace Water Pump in Car w/ new O ring
Reattach Hose to Pump
Replace Pump Mounting Studs
Replace Bracket Bolter To Pump
Replace Timing Cover bolt
Replace Alternator
Replace A/C Compressor Bracket
Replace A/C Compressor
Replace A/C Idler Pulley
Replace A/C Fan
Add Coolant                                     Add Coolant
Close Hood                                      Close Hood