Wet (Leaky) `B

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Wet (Leaky) `B
From: RCG1597@ZEUS.TAMU.EDU
Date: Tue, 11 May 1993 11:06:49 -0500 (CDT)
        I realize that a somewhat leaky `B isn't all that uncommon, but I hope
someone with a similar experience might tell me what's going on.  My `69 B is
somehow collecting water in the dash padding around the edge of the dash panel
and dripping out of the bottom.  It's not really that bad, but I'm afraid it
will eventually destroy the dash padding or the dash panel.  I looked on top of
the dash and there is no sign of water.  I examined the seal under the
windshield and other than a few cracks, it's OK.  I went ahead and sealed the
cracks with silicone, but that didn't help.  So I'm wondering, where in the
world could the water be coming from?

Thanks
*Rick Guynn -MG driver soontobe.  *  MGA 1600 MkII                        *
*RCG1597@zeus.tamu.edu            *  Rebuild (complete) to be finished ?? *
*Texas A&M University             *                                       *
*Keeper of the eternal octagon    *  `69 MGB Roadster                     *
* a.k.a. The marque symbol that   *     Someday everything will work      *
*        refuses to die.          *        like it's supposed to.         *