Re: Tank saga continued

To: cobra@cdc.hp.com, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tank saga continued
From: Jeffrey Lo <Jeffrey_Lo@ccm.hf.intel.com>
Date: Tue, 11 May 93 11:49:27 PST
> The next big decision is to decide where to take the tank.  Dave's
> Radiator Service in Sunnyvale did a pretty good job of making a new
> heater core for me but I don't think he's has a big enough tub to boil
> out my tank.  I'd prefer to find a place with a better setup for gas
> tank repairs.

Roland,

A guy here at Intel (not on the list) had the tanks done on his Tiger recently.
This is what he said about the place where he had the work done.  You might give
them a call.

----
I had it done at George's Radiator shop in Sunnyvale (on El Camino Real.)  They
boiled out the two tanks and crossover pipe, soaked them with muriatic acid and
then lined them with Teflon.  It cost me $240.00 for the three pieces.  I did
not let them paint the tanks as they do not paint with the correct color for the
Tiger.  I painted them myself.

MO