Re: A Sinister Idea

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: A Sinister Idea
From: pismobch@netcom.com (Ed Devinney)
Date: Fri, 7 May 93 21:51:33 -0700
Ian King writes:
> There has been a report in one magazine in the UK of someone dropping
> a Jag V12 into his TR7, it can apparently spin the wheels in all 5 gears!

Somewhere in amongst my motorhead magazines (about all I have to do with
cars these days, sadly), there's a photo of an MGB stuffed to the gills
with V12 Jag.  Nicely done by the looks of it, but stuffeed is the
operative word.

Of course, I also have a photograph of a Jag V12 powered Corvair-from-Hell,
and things like Bentleys and RRs with big-block Chevys.  It all goes to
show that with enough money, time, and fabricating skills you _can_ build
anything - the question is whether it's worth it (the Bentley-mit-turbo
charged-SB-Chevy cost probably 30-50% more than a good restoration, and
probably more than a concours).

ed 'that doesn't mean I don't still want to build, say, the 4.2L Stag,
        rotary Lotus 7, 5.0L Volvo 122 wagon, or all the other one-offs
        I've always wanted' devinney

ed devinney                                             pismobch@netcom.com
  "Until the philosophy that holds one race superior and another inferior
   is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned, there will be war."
                                        - Haile Selassie (via BMW)