Re: A Sinister Idea

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: A Sinister Idea
From: "Ian.King" <Ian.King@advanced-robotics-research-centre.salford.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 7 May 93 10:08:40 BST
>> From: Michael T Chaffee <mchaffee@ux4.cso.uiuc.edu>
>>
>> I was just thinking about Things I Could Do to my Midget, and I had a
>> Very Sinister Idea, and was wondering if anyone out there has any
>> ideas, experience, suggestions, etc.
>>
> From: Chris Holl (holl@saic.COM)
>
>I once saw a Midget that had a Plymouth 360 installed in it.  No kidding.
>From outside the car looked stock.  When the bonnet was raised you didn't
>see any engine because it was tucked pretty far back behind a big radiator.
>Talk about sinister!  This guy used to go hunting for Corvettes and Porsches.

There has been a report in one magazine in the UK of someone dropping
a Jag V12 into his TR7, it can apparently spin the wheels in all 5 gears!
(Is there room in a Midget? (up rating that rear axle would then be a definate
must :-) ))

I will look out the reference if anyone is interested, (the guy runs a company
doing TR8 conversions to TR7's and may give details)

=%-)

Ian

p.s. Went to the Classic and Sportscar Show at the NEC in Birmingham (UK)
last week, drool drool drool!

* Owner of a beat-up '76 Mini 1000 with dodgy clutch hydraulics :-)     *
* and dreams of much much more                                          *
* From a bumper sticker :  Drunks do it in their trouser                *