hood brackets

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: hood brackets
From: Mark_Banaszak-Holl@brown.edu
Date: Sat, 8 May 93 09:55:51 -0400
The hood brackets on my MKIII Sprite died about a year ago after 26 years
of glorious service.  After finding two new ones, installation of the
passenger side was fairly smooth but I've been unable to extricate the
drivers side bracket.  The brackets are mounted to the car by a single
bolt.  I've gotten the nut off, but the bolt has refused to slide out.
Much soaking with numerous chemical agents has failed to give success.  I'm
trying to avoid pulling out the dash.  Any tricks?

Mark M. Banaszak Holl
Brown University