Re: *MY* TR6 died

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: *MY* TR6 died
From: jell@km21.zfe.siemens.de (Thomas Jell)
Date: Fri, 7 May 93 10:52:12 +0200
QUESTIONS for brit list folk!
Scotty

> I did find an overdrive trans for $600, but I'm not clear I want to
> spend that kind of cash on an overdrive unit.  It is an early A type
> unit.  What do you all think?  I'm guaranteed that it will work.

I would go for the OD. I have ODs in both of my TRs and special here on the
German Autobahns they're a crucial.

With a speed limit of 55 or 65 you probably not even need a 4th gear ...
(should be a joke, you sure need it for fuel efficency).

But I'm not sure if it's worth the 400 bucks difference.

  Tom

Thomas Jell                       |  '79 Spitfire (running, running, ...)
Siemens AG                        |  '63 TR 4     (being rebuilt)
ZFE BT SE 41                      |
Otto Hahn Ring 6                  |
8000 Muenchen 83                  |  '?? STAG     (comming soon)
E-mail : jell@km21.zfe.siemens.de |
Tel : +49 89 636 47405            |
Fax : +49 89 636 40757            |