Re : Tilly (my TR6) died... (Ben Hodson)

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re : Tilly (my TR6) died... (Ben Hodson)
From: Stan Bentow <bentow@monty.rand.org>
Date: Wed, 05 May 93 16:34:22 PDT
I hope I'm sending this to the right place!

  My money is on some crud from the dregs in the fuel tank being stuck
  somewhere in the carbs/fuel line....

I had this same problem with my first car, a TR4A.  After a few weeks of
driving it to school I noticed it starting to loose power and sputter.  I
looked at the carbs and noticed they were full of some "papery" gunk.  I
proceeded to remove three or four large pieces of cardboard from my gas
tank!  I had to flush the tank and the entire fuel system, as well as
clean out the carbs.  It appears that some jokers couldn't resist showing
me why pop-up racing style gas caps (that don't lock) are a bad idea when
in the company of morons.

Stan