Re: TR7 chokes

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR7 chokes
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 5 May 93 14:52:20 pdt
> From: gall@gamma.uleth.ca (Greg Gall)
> Subject: TR7 chokes
> To: british-cars@autox.team.net
> Date: Wed, 5 May 93 11:27:32 MDT
>
> Hi, I noticed that someones was having problems with their automatic
> choke on a TR7. I have one piece of advice:
>
> GET RID OF THE SUCKER! (the auto choke that is!)

Before doing this, check to see if a manual choke is legal on your car.
Most likely it's part of the emmissions control system.  At the very
least, don't throw it away if you remove it.

As for problems with automatic chokes, I've never found them
particularly troublesome and I've own lots of car that had them.  In
fact, my snake has one and it's always works just fine.