Selling things on british-cars

To: british-cars@transfer.stratus.com
Subject: Selling things on british-cars
From: southern@neit.cgd.ucar.EDU (Lawrence Buja)
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 92 9:39:15 MDT
Phil posts....
}For Sale:
}1961 Austin 7 Mini.  body #A-A257L-17678
}
} [......big list of features deleted......]
}
}Call Jeff Schweitzer at (612) 332-1234 (w)   or   (612) 925-4281

 First, I want to thank Phil for taking the time to post this.  Though
 I'm not interested in it myself, I will be forwarding it to my sister-
 in-law, Ann, who's looking for a mini.

 But, all this doesn't mean very much without including an asking price.

 Is he giving it away, is he just trolling for a juicy offer or is he
 asking such a high price that it isn't even worth the dime to call him
 about it?  It always bugs me when I get through reading one of these
 ads and there's no price with it to provide a full picture of the item.
 For no other reason than simple curiosity, I'd like to at least get
 some idea of the ball-park figure.

 Is anyone else of the opinion that we should adopt a policy that any
 for-sale items which get posted to british-cars should be accompanied
 by an asking price?

/\      Lawrence Buja           Climate and Global Dynamics Division
  \_][  southern@ncar.ucar.edu  National Center for Atmospheric Research
      \_________________________Boulder,_Colorado___80307-3000__________