Re: Selling things on british-cars

To: southern@neit.cgd.ucar.EDU (Lawrence Buja)
Subject: Re: Selling things on british-cars
From: tj@alpine.b17a.ingr.com (T.J. Higgins)
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 92 11:50:25 CDT
>  Is anyone else of the opinion that we should adopt a policy that any
>  for-sale items which get posted to british-cars should be accompanied
>  by an asking price?

If the message is like the recent Mini or Bugeye ads, 40 lines of
complete details, then a price should be given.  But then you also
have the recent "I just got these XKE bonnets in a trade, I have no
place to store them, make me an offer" kind of ad, which is OK too.
So I don't think you're going to be able to adopt a hard and fast
rule.  But I do agree that the Mini and Bugeye ads should have
included a price.
--
T.J. Higgins | tj@alpine.b17a.ingr.com | Intergraph Mapping | Huntsville, AL
"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired,