Re: Selling things on british-cars

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Selling things on british-cars
From: "Andrew C. Green" <acg@hermes.dlogics.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1992 11:45:04 CDT
T.J. Higgins (tj@alpine.b17a.ingr.com) writes:
> If the message is like the recent Mini or Bugeye ads, 40 lines of
> complete details, then a price should be given.  But then you also
> have the recent "I just got these XKE bonnets in a trade, I have no
> place to store them, make me an offer" kind of ad, which is OK too.

Second that. I believe the non-price ads can often stem from the fact
that the seller knows he's got something worth selling (as opposed to
pitching), but hasn't the foggiest about what to ask for it. I have on
occasion run ads with prices so out of the mainstream (either high or
low) that some nitwits will bother to call me just to berate me on the
price. When they actually tell me I'm going too low, that's embarrassing.
btw, I currently have an OEM Austin America 4-speed shift knob for sale;
best offer...

-- Andy