Engine Misses

To: DSTONE@libra.intel.com
Subject: Engine Misses
From: brucec@amex-trs.com (Bruce Carter)
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1992 13:40:07 -0700

No need for the apology. I contemplated getting a Porsche for a couple
of nano seconds, and then discarded the idea. If the roads and petro here in
Phoenix are bad enough to tear up my MG. Then what would they do to a
Porsche. The damage would still be done but the cost to fix said damage
would be even higher. Atleast with the LBC I can do most of the work
myself. With the Porsche I would have to take it to an overpaid shop for
the work to be done there. So I think the answer is to ship the car home
and get the Porsche a couple of weeks before going home to get any of
the bugs/problems worked out, test drive it and then head for home. I
refuse to drive across AZ, NM, and W. Tejas in the middle of the summer
with no AC, and an engine that is fast becoming marginal. The oil
pressure is ok, but it is burning/throwing oil somewhere. All I would
need is to be a 100 miles or so from the nearest town/city and have the
thing quit on me. There would be a good chance that it would stay there
until the authorities had it towed and impounded, or it got stolen
(little chance of that), I leave the keys in the car quite alot and it
has never been taken(not even for a joy ride).

Speaking of Porsches I'm pretty sure there is a Porsche list like our
list. Does anybody happen to have that address. I have some questions I
would like to ask them before I go and buy one. I only hope that their
technical advise is as good as what I have seen come across this list.

Bruce "5 weeks, 3days, and 2.5 hours till Texas time" Carter