Engine Misses

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Engine Misses
From: brucec@amex-trs.com (Bruce Carter)
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1992 10:25:25 -0700

Well I have an interesting problem here. It has me baffled as to what
the cure might be, short of another big expenditure (and can we spell
Porsche). Y'all may remember about 1.5 months ago I had an altenator
self destruct, well I put I the new altenator all has went well, mostly.

What I noticed is that when I have the headlights on after a while the
car starts to miss. If I turn the lights off and allow the battery to
charge up the missing disappears. The altenator is allegedly a high
output altenator. So one would think that it should be charging the
battery properly. So what is the story? I remember someone sending mail
that had a similar problem and had a high output altenator and they had
to run the car at hi revs to get the battery to charge, and if memory
serves correctly they went back to the original type altenator. Am I
having this problem also? If so what can I do short of replacing the
altenator(again)?

So does any out there have a clue as to what my problem might be or could
be, or even any thoughts and suggestions?

Thanks in advance for all responses,

Bruce...

PS: Does anyone out there have the quote that Scott Fisher#1 used to use
    about the stupidity not being a respector of race, religion, etc...
    I would like to have it again to add to my .signature file. It is
    very applicable here at Amex and Phoenix in general. Thanx