Re: Fussiness

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fussiness
From: acg@hermes.dlogics.com
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1992 15:32:24 CDT
Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com> writes:
> So why does a car without door locks (or door handles for that matter)
> require 3 keys?

People who can't be bothered to get a replacement lock keyed to match (mostly
Previous Owners ;-) just buy a new lock assembly w/key off the rack. First
the driver's door gets done that way, then the trunk, and presto! Separate
keys for each lock...

> Actually there is a 4th key on the ring but I haven't a clue to what it's for.

Stuff You Can Lock With a Key on Your LBC:

Driver's Door
Passenger's Door
Trunk/Boot
Valet Key that Won't Open the Boot
Console
Hood/Bonnet Locks
Manual Retractable Radio Antenna (turn tip with key to make it pop up)
Side Compartment for Golf Clubs (on Big Old Cars)
Fuel Filler Door
Fuel Cap
Wheel Covers
Sidemount Spare Tyre Covers (on B.O.C.'s)

..and probably more that I've forgotten...

-- Andy