Re: Colin Chapman in the news

To: Dean_Zywicki@NIHDCRT.BITNET
Subject: Re: Colin Chapman in the news
From: pwcs.StPaul.GOV!phile@medtron.medtronic.COM (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 92 12:22:40 CDT
Dean Zywicki writes >

>I was flipping through some brit. car magazines and saw a blurb about
>Colin Chapman.  Sounds like Chapman and the current head of Lotus were
>involved in trying to defraud John Delorean of 17.5 million dollars.

Almost.  Chapman, this other dude and John Delorean were involved in trying to
defraud the British government of 17.5 million dollars.

The other dude (damn, can't remember his name) is being prosecuted solo for it.
Chapman is dead.  The USA won't extradite John Delorean.  Looks like John
better stay at home.  Canada would probably even arrest him and ship him to
England.

Phil Ethier, THE RIGHT LINE, 672 Orleans Street, Saint Paul, MN   55107-2676
h (612) 224-3105     lotus@pnet51.orb.mn.org
w (612) 298-5324     phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov  (list goes here)
"The workingman's GT-40" - Colin Chapman     "It's a Mistake" - Colin Hay