Re: Throw away...

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Throw away...
From: rush@mnementh.Metaphor.COM (Ed Rush)
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 92 14:25:08 PDT
>[Miata buyers] now drive around with the top up and the A/C
>on all the time?... Me, I always been amazed at how much heat my old
>Triumph put out when driving around on snow covered mountain roads
>with the top down :-) ...

While agreeing with your basic point (personally, I've never owned
a car with air conditioning other than the natural kind), I can't
help but recall one trip to Reno-Tahoe in the Midget, when it was
about 10 degrees F. up there at night.  The poor little thing couldn't
even heat the cockpit with the hood (top) and windows up.  The
windscreen iced up so badly, though, that I had to drive with the
window down and my head sticking out to see where I was going.
I tried scraping it, and that would last about a mile before re-icing.

I think that was the same trip when the plastic radiator cap
disintegrated, late on a Friday night on the way up the mountain,
and all it took to temporarily replace it was an Almaden wine cork
and some baling wire.  But that's another story.

  | Ed Rush, not speaking for Metaphor, Mtn. View, CA  |
  |  UUCP: [...!{apple|decwrl}!]metaphor!rush          |
  |  Internet: rush@metaphor.com                       |
  | My Macintosh doesn't go out in the rain.           |