Re: Throw away...

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Throw away...
From: acg@hermes.dlogics.com
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1992 10:08:54 CDT
bobj@meaddata.com (Robert Jones) writes:

> As someone who would probably be considered a "wanker" were it not for the
> help of people on this list, I think someone needs to stand up for "wankers".
> [...] Fortunately, fate smiled on me and for over a year, this car ran with
> little more than oil changes and usual stuff...
                   ^^^^^^^^^^^     ^^^^^^^^^^^
Ah-ha! Much as you sympathize with the wankers, you're not one of them. :-)
You admit doing oil changes and "usual stuff" (Good heavens!). My complaint
is about the owners who don't do ANYTHING and expect the car to run forever.
A wanker is easily spotted when asked about the last oil change: "Ummm, it
was last fall, I think; one day it wouldn't start, so I had to have it towed
in. They said they had to do some stuff to it [bet they changed the spark
plugs again... -- ACG] and I think they changed the oil, too. I forget."

Andrew C. Green
Datalogics, Inc.      Internet: acg@dlogics.com
441 W. Huron          UUCP: ..!uunet!dlogics!acg
Chicago, IL  60610    FAX: (312) 266-4473