Previous Owners

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Previous Owners
From: sanders@triton.unm.edu
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 92 11:59:31 -0600
Hi
Lest we criticize wankers/previous-owners too harshly, it is good to remember
what it was like for the LBC owner before the days of complete Moss/etc
catalogs. Oh, they may have catalogs, but there were a heck of alot more
NLA entries in the listings. I cringe to recall having to get parts from the
dealer. When I got the 68 MGB in 75 it was about the cheapest car you could
buy (I think I paid $800) and so often ended up in the hands of other high
school/undergrad types. Given dealer prices and the usual abject student
poverty (and general mechanical novice-ness), its no wonder there were so
many hack "repair" jobs.

Whats set me off about this is the several chuckles I have had this weekend
properly fixing bizzare repairs from days gone by that I had done on this car.

John Sanders