header coatings and wraps

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: header coatings and wraps
From: Greg Meythaler <Greg_Meythaler@ccm.hf.intel.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 92 16:58:39 PST

Given the recent threads on header coatings, header wraps, and
engine compartment heat, I thought I would past along a couple of
ads I spoted in Autoweek and Sports Car.

This message does not represent an endorsement for any of the
products described this is only an FYI
                      greg_metyhaler@ccm.hf.intel.com
Spotted in Autoweek
JET-HOT
The hottest in High-Temp coatings
Guarantee - If you don't like it. You don't pay.

Picture of a half coated/half rusted header.

JET-HOT provides you with lifetime rust-through protection,
superior resistance to wear, improved engine performance and your
choice of great looking finishes, including high luster (chrome
like), silver satin, black, cast-iron gray and others-all at a
surprisingly low cost.

CUSTOMER RESPONSE

- CHRYSLER chose JET_HOT for its Viper

- NATIONAL DRAGSTER calls JET-HOT, "The hottest in header
coating."

- GVS RACING's top driver said: "I've never had a set of headers
last an entire season until I used JET-HOT."

- FORD, which features JET-HOT on its top-of-the-line Mustang
Hi-Flo shorty headers, describes JET-HOT as "a ceramic. stain and
rust resistant coating" and backs the product with a lifetime,
rust-through warranty.

- NASA confirms that "it (JET-HOT) reduces temperatures inside the
engine compartment, protects the manifold from corrosion, and
helps both the catalytic converter and turbochargers to work more
efficiently."

For additional technical information, please call for our
brochure. Send your new or used parts via UPS to MCCI/JET-HOT at
one of the address listed below.  turn around time 72 hours.
JET-HOT
1-800-432-3379

Northeast                       South                   West
(215) 277-5646                (601) 769-2701          (818) 752-9369
Front & Ford Sts              5602 Orchard Rd.        Los Angeles CA
Bridgeport PA 19405           Pascagoula MS 39581

Spotted in Sports Car
THERMO-TEC  1-800-274-8437
full line in automotive heat control products

#11002 Header Wrap
#12001 Black Hi-heat coating  (rattle can spray paint)
#12002 Alum. Hi-heat coating  (rattle can spray paint)
#14002 Thermo-shield adhesive backed fuel line wrap (protects
wiring, hoses, and stops vapor lock)
#14001 Aluminized Heat barrier (versatile flexible firewall shield)
#14003 & #14004 Header manifold blanket.