Re: Smog Tests

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Smog Tests
From: acg@hermes.dlogics.com
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1992 12:30:06 CDT
rbt%dracut@keps.kodak.com (Bob Tufts) writes:
> What I saw on tv was the car was put on a dyno and a collection hose was put
> over the tail pipe (vs a sniffer tube).

Yes, I heard about this "new and improved" dyno test they're proposing. No way
will they figure out a lowest-common-denominator approach for the Chicago area.
Just wait until the first minimum-wage state employee drives a Rabbit onto the
dyno for testing (they certainly won't trust the owner to do it), gets the
wrong end of the car on the rollers, then stomps on the gas and goes rocketing
through the back wall...

-- Andy