Re: car colors

To: "british-cars" <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: car colors
From: "T_MULLEN" <TMULLEN@atlas.nafb.trw.com>
Date: 16 Jul 92 08:22:00 PST
I think gettting a ticket has more to do with driving a sports car,
than the color of the car.  My very first ticket (in 1971) was in my
very first car, a white TR4 (if you can believe it, my mother talked
me into buying it when I was 18).  I the time, I too was driving down
the freeway, moving with traffic, in the middle of a  pack of cars,
when the CHP worked his way to the middle of the pack and got me.
When I asked him "Why me?...   Everybody was doing the same speed?..."
He looked over the top of his macho sunglasses, and said "You're the
one in the sports car..."   The light turning on above my head
probably blinded him...  but from then on, I never got another ticket
in that car.

Also the local city cops used to see me driving down the street on the
way to school, and do U-turns and follow me all the way thru town.
Since I was in a sports car, they just KNEW that I would do SOMETHING
illegal.  They never did get to give me a ticket.

Incidently, it was replaced (after the wreck --  the other guy ran a
light) with a green Vega wagon which I consistently drove 5 - 10 MPH
faster than the Triumph, and never got I ticket in (or even pulled
over).

I wonder how I'll do in a red Elan?...   It used to be a gray-blue
color...

Tim Mullen          tmullen@thor.nafb.trw.com