Re: Car colors

To: british-cars@hoosier, cat@buast9.bu.edu
Subject: Re: Car colors
From: Teriann J. Wakeman <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 92 09:11:04 -0700
I used to have a red '63 VW bug back when. Seems that I was always getting
pulled over and signing speeding tickets.  The car before it was a '56 Ford
with a very tricked up 312, hood scoop,rear wheelwells cut for the wide tires
& much more (I got tired of those gentlemen in their '55-'57 Chevys telling
me that my car was a dog, and why don't I park it & ride with them).
Anyway, my Ford could take all but the trickiest 327s, & because the 312 had
more torque that the big blocks, I could generally take 426 Hemis & 427
vetts for the first 2 gears, but they would normally catch me & pull away
when I got to third (My 4:11 rear normally got me off to a good start)
Well, the long of it is that I never got a speeding ticket with my
Burgendy '56 Ford.

Now that I think of it, all but one of my speeding tickets came when I was
driving that red VW.

My TR3 was originally red, Its going back together Apple Green.

TeriAnn
"Mothers don't let your daughters grow up to be '60s hot roders"