Re: Car colours, et cetera

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Car colours, et cetera
From: acg@hermes.dlogics.com
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1992 17:45:48 CDT
pacdata!dave@UCSD.EDU (Dave Ambrose) write:
> For some reason,  operators of farm equipment never got around to seeing it
> before pulling out into the roadway.  After a couple of harrowing incidents

You got run over by a harrow? Ouch.  :-)

> I decided to adopt a motorcycle-style discipline and turn on the headlamps
> in overcast conditions. It seems to have improved things markedly.

It's now the law in Canada; cars for the Canadian market must be built with
running lights (at minimum, the car must turn on its headlights, but no side
markers or taillights) that illuminate automatically when the engine is on.
Not a bad idea, IMHO, particularly for the subcompacts.

-- Andy